How can I deactivate a bot?

I am using my bot to collect feedback for a conference, now I want to deactivate it.
I will remove the code from my website to remove the bot, but was wondering if there is a way to deactivate the bot from the TARS console?
TIA.

1 Like

A simple answer could be to duplicate your first gambit and then disconnect the first gambit, and add a message saying this bot is currently deactivated (or “Submissions are closed. See you next year!”) and auto redirect to the organization that hosts the conference’s webpage. Not as easy as toggling a switch, but would only take you a minute or two to set up. While still maintaining your setup. Second option would be to duplicate the entire bot, and delete the original bot to eliminate the link while still saving the content.

3 Likes

Thank you Levi.
I left the page up at our site thanking anyone that visits, but removed the html code from the page.
@Levi, still can’t get my data to Fieldbook via an API, if can help.

2 Likes

A good solution indeed. This way you can put up your own custom message, explaining why the bot is no longer active.

2 Likes

I wish I knew more about API so I could help. I’m currently trying to increase my knowledge in this area as I see it as the next crucial step for me in developing chatbots. If I happen to stumble on a solution in my research, I’ll let you know!

1 Like