How much to sell a bot for

Hey guys, these maybe silly questions but some of you may already be doing this and i want to get a good idea to how it works. What would be the price to sell a bot for someone’s website? And do you create a Tars Bot account for them and create their bot from their account or do you create the bot from your account?

Thanks

I’m currently bidding bots for companies. Some people may have hard numbers, but I find that each project will be highly customized, and therefor, it will not fit well into set price plans.

To give you some idea, I think anything above a simple, cookie-cutter bot should start at web development prices. So $1000 to $1500 in development costs is pretty fair. This would be from ground up build, website integration, clean & effective content, graphics and color design. I would say no more than 100 to 150 gambits. This does not include any complex API integrations, but simple ones should be on the table at this price point. For the client, I would offer a a monthly plan (say $250 a month until the development costs are covered with a contract locking them in until development costs are paid in full then reduce monthly payment and go month to month). For incredibly large bot systems, you are talking a lot in development costs, but this should include complex API integrations, lots of meetings with clients to show progress and get their input, great support, and ongoing maintenance.

If you put the development into a replicatable bot for an industry, that works really well and is easy to customize, then sell it at a higher monthly rate without any specific development costs to the clients. The key would be effectiveness. The more effective it is; the more plans you can sell.

This is still relatively fresh territory, but it will be very popular before long. Best to get in now, feel out the market, and then keep your eyes on the market as it evolves, adjusting prices accordingly.

4 Likes

nice, thank you for your answer, just a curious question, what is dev?

1 Like

I think @Levi means “development”.

1 Like

oh ok, thanks @ish for that, i just want to start selling some bots

1 Like