Hi Ish/TARS team and members.
I understand build is currently underway on improved FB integration with TARS bots. Are you able to help me and my wishlist with any progress?
I’ve got to the point where I had my RepairBOT deployed successfully on my Facebook page but I removed it due to a few issues I identified:
- The bot would only start conversations after an initial prompt - unlike the bot on my website where it activates after a few seconds.
- the bot would start conversations on historical chat users, such as those who I was talking with before I deployed the bot to FB - I could not turn this off.
- I had no way of toggling the bot ON/OFF
- the bot had gambits designed for website, such as “what’s your name?” etc. I would have needed to create two bots. one for FB and one for website deployment.
- Some gambits displayed message bubble text twice or in the wrong order.
I’m hoping the awesome TARS team can come up with some resolutions to this and improve Human-Bot handover when it comes to Facebook Messenger. I’d like to suggest the following:
- The ability to toggle the bot on and off for certain chats, providing the page admin to toggle on after he/she has initiated a conversation or answered a human-human question. We often get “hi, do you fix phones?” so if we can say “yes, sure… have a quick chat with our resident data-capture bot” that would be handy!
- and/or the ability to initiate the bot to chat to NEW users who click the message icon on our page OR trigger the bot automatically if certain criteria is met, such as keywords, etc.
- The ability to pull data from Facebook user profiles to remove the necessity for gambits that capture information such as full name.
I’ve got limited FB deployment experience but I often find we need a separate option for users, or a gambit that can ‘route’ the user to a Human person and end the conversation, similar to how Drift has a bot that can route certain requests to different users.
If there’s anything in the pipeline for FB deployment integration/improvements, I’d love to hear about it and be involved! Having a bot on FB really helps capture and provide our customers with some very repetitive answers.