Help button integrated into interface

I have a feeling that you may already be working on this, but I thought I’d share my thoughts on the idea. I was wondering if we could include a small icon on the user interface that would allow the user to link to additional content or api. For example, the icon could launch a chat with a live person for help, or launch another bot that sends their question to a live representative through the reports (in my case), or a plethora of other handy options.

I think it would be beneficial for the bot builders to be able to designate what the icon does and what icon it displays (say on the left of the user text submission line), so if we want to link to a URL or launch an api we can have flexibility. This would be a great addition for overall customer service and ease-of-access.

1 Like

something close to a menu like approach in messenger?

That would work, but to save the utmost amount of space, maybe still inline with the text submission area on the left. I would be happy with a single icon to start, but that could be converted to a dropdown menu if/when they included more “menu” buttons.

1 Like

Interesting Idea. Never thought about it to be honest.
And no one asked for this specific feature yet.
What kind of options can be added in this menu? other than links?

1 Like

Well, I think an option to launch an API could open the doors up (e.g. an API that is always available no matter where someone is in the bot). For now, I envisioned it as a “help” icon to launch our customer assistance bot, which would be extremely helpful in a 180+ gambit bot to keep that option open to the user at all times. If you had a dropdown menu, you could build a navigation menu for large gambit bots that jumps to startgid=X. For example, our current bot is built in four sections: Main menu bot, Driver Services, Vehicle Services, and Customer Service. We have discussed embedding the bots on webpages and building an external menu next to it to accomplish this task, but that would mess with our mobile responsive experience a bit. Or maybe you include a search icon to search within the bot. I thought a simple database of keywords linked to each gambit for the user to search would be handy. They use a search bar in the bot, click the area of interest from the results, and that launches through the startgid=X as well. I would love to hear other people’s ideas on this one.

The more we toss this idea back and forth, the more we see the possibilities this could open up in large bots. Basically, you are building a nav menu into your bot. When we start regularly building 400+ gambit bots (hopefully in the same bot), this nav/tool bar would be invaluable. Also, I think as we move towards bots replacing websites, this will be a crucial step in usability!

1 Like

Yeah, i can understand the need for such a feature when you have 400+ Gambit Bot. That is a huge Bot.
But most people are not building such huge bots right now. @Levi You are way ahead of the curve :smiley:

1 Like